Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Close Reading is all the Rage




Hello,
Yes, you've heard about it, read about it, and even Pinned it! But how do you incorporate such a worthwhile strategy like close reading into your curriculum in a meaningful way? I've dabbled with it but don't feel like I really use it correctly. I teach the most wonderful ESL students from kindergarten through twelfth grade. They come from all over the world and bring a lot of unique experiences with them. I need to reach them, excite them, and stretch them every day. I'm hoping that by incorporating close reading strategies into my lessons, I will be a better teacher and my students will become better readers.
My goal is to post at least one resource, idea, accomplishment, failure, or lesson on this blog each week. I hope you learn from me (my mistakes) and are able to incorporate some of my lessons into your own curriculum. Please comment about things you've tried with your students and resources that you feel work best for you. Let's start this journey!

No comments:

Search This Blog